- Extracurricular Activites
- News & Events
- Parent Guild
- Teacher Login
Mrs. Deirdre White
6th Grade Homeroom
Welcome to the Middle School Science and Religion page for 6th, 7th, and 8th. This page will contain information throughout the year to help you find resources, keep up to date on projects and tests, and make sure you have all the supplies you need.
Homework, Tests and Projects
** All homework will not be posted and students are still expected to write in their planners, but I will make every effort to put
labs, projects and tests in this section. I may not delete them right away, as some students may have missed assignments or tests due to illness.
6th - Lab due date Friday, 19th
Religion Creation Story - Due Wednesday, Sept 24th
Science Test - Wednesday, Sept 24th
Religion Test - Monday, Sept 29th
Lab on density - Wednesday, 1st, due Monday 6th (tentative)
Religion essay due Wednesday, 1st
7th - Science Lab - A Look Beneath the Skin - due Tuesday, 30th
Quiz on Human Body Systems - Friday, 26th
Religion Test on chapter 20 - Wednesday, 24th
Science Test on Muscles and Bones - Tuesday, 30th
8th - Science Lab - Bouncing Balls Lab done Monday, 15th - due Friday, 19th
Religion Test - Wednesday, Sept 24th
Science Test - Monday, Oct 6th (tentative)
**** Tests will be written in orange ****
Scholastic Book orders - use code H3JVJ for orders through scholastic.com (otherwise, bring in to school)
http://www.sadlierreligion.com/webelieve/ (Sadlier website, pick your grade level for study guides and games)
for 6, 7 and 8
https://www.pearsonsuccessnet.com/ (Textbook online!)
6th grade homeroom - Please bring 2 boxes of tissues in September. More may be requested throughout the year as needed.
Religion and Science (grades 6, 7 and 8)
- blue or black ink pens, red pens
- 2-3 sharpened pencils at all times
- 1 notebook: Marble (200 pages - wide ruled) for Science (this CANNOT be shared with other subjects!) ** please note the cover will be decorated, so do not pay extra for a special picture on the cover.
- jumbo book sock for Science book
- Religion book will need clear cover
- colored pencils (box of 6 or 12) with small pencil sharpener
- Glue sticks
- may use various colored pens (not markers, when directed)
- 1 1/2 inch binder for Religion (no notebook will be needed this year) with dividers. **Please note that this binder will be decorated so please do not get any expensive special binder. Dividers would be helpful within the portfolio. A "view" binder is preferable so it is easier to make the cover.
- one simple folder - can be shared for take-home Science and Religion